Terms and Conditions
As a client of Startopia Entertainment ltd you confirm that you have read and fully understand the following Terms and Conditions on confidentiality, bookings, cancellations and payments:
If there is anything that you are unsure of or need clarifying please feel free to contact us on 07470720934. By booking a party with Startopia you agree to the following conditions and once your booking is confirmed you must abide by the following:
* By booking a party with Startopia entertainment you the client agrees that there is a travel charge applicable to certain areas that are out of our area cover. if you are unsure as to whether your area involves a charge please contact us with your postcode.
* It is required that the client is to provide appropriate free parking within 5 min walk to the venue. If there is no free parking the client agrees to pay full parking costs either with deposit or to the entertainer on the party date.
* The client agrees to pay any congestion charge costs that may occur when travelling within the central London area, which will be invoiced- if you are unsure, please email us on
* Startopia Entertainment ltd will not accept responsibility for any incidents that may occur at your event and it is required for safety purposes to have at least two adults present for the duration of the party. It is also agreed that your entertainer cannot be held responsible for any injury arising from the games and activities included in the party. We do hold PL insurance.
* Startopia Entertainment offer themed parties, however, these are purely a tribute to the original characters and theme. For trademarking and copyrighting purposes we do not supply completely original characters. By booking these characters the client accepts that these character's are not originals and their are some differences with the characters we supply.
* Costumes on the website may differ slightly to the ones that are showcased on the website, however, every costume to the performers are supplied by Startopia Entertainment ltd and are of a high quality and standard.
* All of Startopia Entertainment entertainers have a different performing style, this means that your entertainer may do something slightly different to some one else's, however, they are all fully capable of delivering a fun and professional party. You are able to request a specific entertainer, however, this cannot be guaranteed due to the high number of requests we get.
* The client agrees that the entertainer is allowed to change activities if the venue is deemed unsafe.
*If there is no particular theme indicated by the client, then a standard Startopia Entertainment party will be carried out.
* The client agrees to notify both the entertainer and Startopia Entertainment of any disabilities, allergies, phobias or injuries the children may have prior to the party.
* you as the client agree to allow us to share your personal details such as email address and number with your performer only for the purpose of the event.
* Once a booking has been confirmed, if you need to make any amendments to the booking information such as, theme, activities, venue, timings and date will incur a £10 administration charge if this is done 2 weeks prior to the event.
* By paying the Booking Fee to secure the booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions on this page.
2. Complaints/ Deposits and Cancellations/ refunds
* Startopia Entertainment Ltd enforces a non-refundable deposit/ booking fee unless we cancel the booking. Booking cancellation of must be placed at least 7 days prior to the party date otherwise the full party fee will be required.
* Legally for all services and purchases in the UK there is a 14 day cool off period from the date the booking is made. This means if cancelled for unavoidable reasons by yourself (the client) we (Startopia Entertainment) will issue a refund. However after this period has ended we are under no obligation to return the non-refundable deposit.
* The client agrees that Startopia Entertainment shall not be liable to the client or be deemed to be in breach of the contract if there is delay in performing, failure to perform, illness or injury of the entertainer or if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond Startopia Entertainment's control i,e- weather issues. Startopia Entertainment does not offer refund compensation, however, can offer a change of date if requested.
*by booking with Startopia the client agrees that if they have an issue with your performer or party you MUST call us (we wont accept emails) within the first 20-25 mins of the start time to let us know you are unhappy and would like the entertainer to leave. If we do not recieve a call within this timeframe, you are obliged to pay the remaining balance to your performance for the service they have provided, in this case the deposit fee is still NON-REFUNDABLE. This is also to protect our performers and the company from slander.
*Our role is to supply entertainers to perform and entertain the children. It is not our position to take over the role of the parents and discipline the children. If the children are doing anything deemed unsafe or anything behavioural it is up to the parents or guardians to take control of this situation as our entertainers do not have the ability to do this. Our entertainers are there to 'entertain' or 'face paint' only are will not be taking on any other roles that they haven't been booked for. Ie- dealing with food, decorating the hall or anything else that is not part of their role. No refunds will be given for any of the above issues.
*If an entertainer falls unwell or there is an emergency and they cannot attend we will let you know and will do our very best to find cover. If it's short notice (7 days or less) please bare in mind the plan may differ from your previous entertainer. By accepting the entertainer you accept this term and are therefore not entitled to withhold payment or request refunds on this basis.
3. Liability and Health and Safety
* We do hold a valid Public Liability Insurance, however, you as the client agree that we (Startopia Entertainment) are not liable for any injury to yourself or guests.
* Startopia's entertainers/ face painters/ balloon twisters only use high quality water based paints, safe glitter and body glue.It is the client's responsibility to confirm any allergies and let the entertainer know prior to the party. Startopia and your entertainer do not take any responsibility for any allergic reactions.
* We take safeguarding very seriously and for this reason if a performer feels anything is unsafe to continue they can make the decision to stop and change activity.
* For safeguarding purposes it is one performer for up to 30 kids, if you have more than this then you MUST hire a assistant. If the performer arrives and there is more than 30 kids, it is at their descretion whether they choose not to perform as the safety of the children comes first. If the entertainer chooses to continue parents MUST be present to help take some control.
5. Breaches to contract
* Startopia Entertainment cannot be held in any way liable or responsible for the breach of contract on behalf of the client/ performer/ entertainer. If a party has been cancelled by the client or entertainer then no fee will be made to the entertainer.
* In undertaking the work and in the absence of communication, you are confirming that you have fully read and to be in agreement with the above Terms and Conditions stated.
**Please note that by booking your party or summer camp space and by paying a deposit you have agreed to these terms and conditions**