Entertainer Terms and Conditions
All of our entertainers that provide party entertainment to Startopia Entertainment ltd confirm that they have read and fully understand the following Terms and Conditions on confidentiality, bookings, cancellations and payments:
If there is anything that you are unsure of or need clarifying please feel free to contact us on 07470720934. Once your booking is confirmed you must abide by the following.
In undertaking work with Startopia Entertainment, you will be sent information on the client including telephone number, email address and date of birth, which is a necessity in order to undertake the work successfully. You (the entertainer) agree to use this information only for the purpose of the booking and will under no exception use this information for personal or other business use, including, contacting the client or solicitation for other companies. This is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action being taken against you.
* You as the entertainer agree to refer all bookings or rebookings and any enquiries from this event to Startopia Entertainment ltd ONLY.
* When undertaking work with Startopia Entertainment you must NOT hand out any flyers or promote any company other than Startopia Entertainment. You are a representative of our company and must remain a representative for the duration of the event. This is inclusive of any photos or reviews received from the event and can only be used to promote Startopia Entertainment and no other company.
* Startopia Entertainment reserves the right to use any images, videos and recordings of the entertainer taken at events booked through Startopia Entertainment for the advertising and promotion of the agency through online sharing media/social media/website/printed material etc.
* You the entertainer are responsible for what happens on the day of the event. You agree to arrive twenty minutes to the start time to set up and be ready in costume to start on time.
* You agree to participate in the activities stated on the booking form and must stay for the duration of the party.
* It is prohibited to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages/ take drugs at any of Startopia Entertainment events. As a result legal action may be taken against your contract retracted.
* You confirm that you have a valid DBS and all the information you have given Startopia Entertainment is completely true.
* We do try to secure free parking, however, this is not always the case. In the event of parking you as the entertainer are responsible for your own travel and parking fees.
3. Complaints and Cancellations
* Our booking contract is binding and should you need to cancel your contract, without offering a suitable replacement, there is a £50 cancellation fee made payable to Startopia Entertainment ltd. You agree to give Startopia Entertainment at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellations via telephone. We will not accept any cancellations via text or email.
* You agree to contact us directly if there are any issues and not try and contact the client separately. This is unprofessional and will result in your contract being retracted.
* If you are late for your booked event, meaning that the entertainment will start later than the original start time, then it is your responsibility to offer to the client to make up the lost time by entertaining beyond the agreed
Entertainment end time. It is the client’s decision whether to accept this offer or not. If the client does not accept this offer, then you will lose part of your fee. It is ultimately and always at Startopia Entertainments discretion on the amount of your fee that will deducted and this is worked out based on the refund back to the client.
5. Tax, NI and Payments
* You agree that your fee is inclusive of all expenses (except those that have been agreed to by the client and will be invoiced post the event), including holiday entitlements, travelling expenses to and from the venue, VAT, tax, N.I. etc and covers any payments whatsoever.
* You are not employed by Startopia Entertainment and are responsible for your completing your own accounting and payment of tax, VAT & National Insurance contributions.
6. Liability and Health and Safety
* We do hold a valid Public Liability Insurance, however, you as the entertainer agree that we (Startopia Entertainment) are not liable for any broken props, loss or damage of props or costume or injury to yourself. You must provide you own Public Liability Insurance in order to be covered.
7. Breaches to contract
* Startopia Entertainment cannot be held in any way liable or responsible for the breach of contract on behalf of the client/ performer/ entertainer. If a party has been cancelled by the client or entertainer then no fee will be made to the entertainer.
* In undertaking the work and in the absence of communication, you are confirming that you have fully read and to be in agreement with the above Terms and Conditions stated.